INVOLVERS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Welcome to Involver, Fz LLC! Your use of any of Involver’s services including Web sites or software (collectively, the “Involver Service”) and any information, text, graphics, photos, videos, or other materials uploaded, downloaded or appearing on the Involver Service (collectively referred to as “Content”) is subject to these Terms and Conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) in effect at the time of your use.
- You are responsible for your use of the Involver Service, for any Content you post to the Involver Service, and for any consequences thereof. The Content you submit, post, or display will be able to be viewed by other users of the Involver Service and through third party services and websites. You should only submit, post, display, or provide Content that you are comfortable sharing with other Involver Service users under these Terms and Conditions.
- Involver reserves the right to update and change these Terms and Conditions from time to time without notice or acceptance by you, so please check this page frequently for updates and changes. However, changes made to these Terms and Conditions will not apply to you to the extent that (a) the changes concern matters which are the subject of an actual dispute between you and Involver as of the date the changes take effect and (b) Involver has actual notice of the dispute as of the date the changes take effect.
- Your use of the Involver Service, as a representative of an organizational entity, including but not limited to nonprofits, businesses, educational institutions, and governmental entities, is also subject to the Service Agreement in effect at the time of your use, which is incorporated herein as though set forth in full.
- You may use the Involver Service only if you can form a binding contract with Involver and are not a person barred from receiving services under the laws of the United Arab Emirates or other applicable jurisdiction. You may use the Services only in compliance with these Terms and Conditions and all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, rules and regulations.
- Involver leverages Agile Software Development practices to iterate on and improve the Involver Service based on feedback from the is user community. Therefore the Involver Service is always improving and the form and nature of the Involver Service may change from time to time without prior notice. In addition, Involver may stop (permanently or temporarily) providing the Involver Service (or any features within the Involver Service) to you or all general users and may not be able to communicate to you with advanced notice.
- Involver retains the right to limit usage and storage at our sole discretion at any time without advanced notice to you.
- The Involver Service may include advertisements, which may be targeted to the Content or information on the Involver Service, queries made through the Involver Service, or other information. The types and extent of advertising by Involver on the Involver Service are subject to change. In consideration for Involver granting you access to and use of the Involver Service, you agree that Involver and its third party providers and partners may place such advertising on the Involver Service or in connection with the display of Content or information from the Involver Service whether submitted by you or others.
- You agree that the submission of any ideas, suggestions, documents, and/or proposals to Involver, Fz LLC through its suggestion, feedback, help, support or similar pages including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn, is at your own risk. Involver has no obligations (including without limitation obligations of confidentiality) with respect to such Feedback. You represent and warrant that you have all rights necessary to submit the Feedback. You hereby grant to Involver, Fz LLC a fully paid, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, and fully sub licensable right and license to use, reproduce, perform, display, distribute, adapt, modify, re-format, create derivative works of, and otherwise commercially or non-commercially exploit in any manner, any and all Feedback, and to sublicense the foregoing rights.
- Your use of the Involver Service may also be subject to additional terms, conditions, policies and/or agreements applicable to a specific Web site, service, software, service level or version. In the event of any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and such additional terms, conditions, policies and/or agreements, the additional terms, conditions, policies and/or agreements will control. For the avoidance of doubt, if there are terms and conditions in these Terms and Conditions regarding subjects on which the additional terms, conditions, policies and/or agreements are silent, such silence will not constitute a conflict and the terms and conditions in these Terms and Conditions will control.
- By signifying your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions or making any use of the Involver Service, you signify your irrevocable acceptance of these Terms and Conditions in effect at the time of your use. If you are an individual acting as a representative of a corporation or other legal entity which wishes to use the Involver Service, then you represent and agree that you have the authority to accept these Terms and Conditions on behalf of such corporation or other legal entity and that all provisions of these Terms and Conditions will bind that corporation or other legal entity as if it were named in these Terms and Conditions in place of you.
- The Involver Service is not intended for users under the age of thirteen (13). By signifying your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions or making any use of the Involver Service, you represent and warrant that you are at least thirteen (13) years of age.
- Involver can refuse registration of, or cancel, any user account in its sole discretion, at any time.
- Your user account will be accessed through a user ID (“username”) and password that you will create (your “Account Credentials”). Your Account Credentials are solely for your use. You are responsible for safeguarding the confidentiality of your Account Credentials that you use to access the Involver Service and you are fully and solely responsible for all activities and actions that occur with your Account Credentials, whether authorized by you or not. We encourage to use “strong” passwords comprised of a combination of upper and lower alphabetic characters, numbers, and symbols, and at least 8 characters in length. It is your responsibility to take adequate precautions with your Account Credentials and to immediately notify Involver of any unauthorized use of your Account Credentials.
- Using your user account, you may access and participate in the Involver Service, including viewing, posting and responding to communications on and through the Involver Service.
- Involver cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to follow and comply with the above user account and password requirements.
- Your own text, images, audiovisual media and any other form of intellectual property, including the data, ideas, inventions, designs, patterns and processes in such material (collectively, “Content”) that you post on or through the Involver Service belongs to you and you may use it in any other way without restriction. But by using the Involver Service, you are granting Involver and certain third parties permission to use your Content as described in these Terms and Conditions.
- By using the Involver Service, you are granting Involver a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable right and license to use, reproduce, create derivative works of, distribute, publicly perform and publicly display your Content on and through the Involver Service and on and through services affiliated with Involver, regardless of the form of media used or of whether such services now exist or are developed in the future. If you post Content on or through the Involver Service, you represent and warrant that you have the right to post that Content and to grant the above rights to Involver.
- Involver may preserve your Content and may also disclose such Content, with or without notice to you, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with legal process; (ii) enforce these Terms and Conditions; (iii) respond to claims that your Content violates the rights of any third party; or (iv) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Involver, its users and the public.
- You understand that posting your Content on or through the Involver Service is entirely voluntary and will expose your Content to public display in a non-confidential manner. You understand that Involver and/or any past, present or future client of Involver (each, a “Client”) may view your Content and may develop or have developed Content which is identical or similar to yours, may already know of such Content from other sources or may have taken or will take some other action with respect to such Content. Therefore, you represent and agree to all of the following and acknowledge that Involver and its Clients are explicitly relying on such representations and agreement with regard to your Content:
- The Content represents your own original work and you have all necessary rights to disclose the Content. In doing so, you are not violating the rights of any third party and you know of no other individual or entity whose rights will be infringed by the Content being viewed and used as described in these Terms and Conditions. Whether privately or publicly posted, all Content you provide is the sole responsibility of you, the originator. We cannot take responsibility for such Content. Any use or reliance on any Content or materials posted via the Involver Service or obtained by you through the Involver Service is at your own risk.
- Your disclosure of the Content does not violate a confidential relationship with any third party, establish a confidential relationship with Involver or any of its Clients or obligate Involver or any of its Clients to treat your Content (or any related materials) as secret or confidential.
- Involver and/or any of its Clients may give your Content such consideration as is warranted by their respective judgments. Review of your Content shall not be construed as any recognition of the novelty or originality of the Content. Neither Involver nor any of its Clients is obligated to give reasons for making use of or rejecting your Content or to reveal its activities that are related to your Content.
- Neither Involver nor any of its Clients has any obligation, either express or implied, to make any use of your Content. However, if Involver and/or any of its Clients do make use of your Content, whether such use is intentional or inadvertent, no compensation will be due to you or anyone else for the use of your Content or the use of any data, ideas, inventions, designs, patterns and/or processes similar to, related to or derived from your Content.
- Neither Involver nor any of its Clients assumes any obligation with respect to any of your Content except as set forth in these Terms and Conditions, unless and until it enters into a separate written contract with you, and then only as expressed in that separate written contract. In the absence of a separate written contract, your rights with regard to Involver or any of its Clients’ user of your Content shall be as described in these Terms and Conditions and as existing under the patent laws of the United States.
- If your Content is the subject of a pending or issued patent, you have disclosed or will disclose that fact in connection with posting your Content on or through the Involver Service. To the extent you hold a patent in the Content, no license under any patent is herein granted. Any license to use patented Content shall be in the form of a separate written contract, in which event your, Involver’s and/or any of its Clients’ respective obligations shall be only those expressed in such separate written contract.
- Neither the discussion or negotiations between you, on the one hand, and Involver and/or any of its Clients, on the other hand, relating to the possible purchase or license of your Content, nor the making of any offer for the purchase or license of your Content, shall prejudice Involver and/or any of its Clients in any way, or be construed as recognition of the novelty, originality, priority, other rights or value of your Content. Further, Involver and/or any of its Clients’ consideration, discussions or negotiations with you will not in any way impair Involver’s and/or any of its Clients’ right to contest the validity or infringement of your rights in and to the Content.
- You hereby irrevocably release and forever discharge Involver and its Clients and their affiliates and subsidiaries (together, the “Released Parties”) from any and all actions, causes of actions, claims, damages, liabilities and demands, whether absolute or contingent and of any nature whatsoever, which you now have or hereafter can, shall or may have against the Released Parties or their respecting successors and assigns with respect to the Content, including without limitation in respect of how the Released Parties, directly or indirectly, use the Content, with the sole exception that the foregoing release and discharge does not apply to your right to bring a claim of patent infringement arising from use of your Content.
- Content posted by another person or company on or through the Involver Service belongs to the poster. Except as expressly permitted in these Terms and Conditions, you do not have the right to use, reproduce, create derivative works of, distribute, publicly perform or publicly display any Content that does not belong to you, other than viewing of the Content on or through the Involver Service as Involver may make available.
- Involver owns the Involver Service as a whole, including all computer code, native app codes, graphics, user interfaces and audiovisual content used to provide the Involver Service, and the combination of all the elements on the Involver Service. The Involver Service as a whole, the computer code and mobile native app code of the Involver Service, the user interface and graphic elements are all copyrighted works of Involver. Various other aspects of the Involver Service may be protected by intellectual property laws including laws of copyright, trademark, service mark, patent and trade secret.
- Involver owns all right, title and interest in and to the Involver Service. Involver reserves all rights to the Involver Service that are not expressly granted herein. By way of example only, and not limitation, you do not have the right to modify, adapt, translate, or reverse engineer any portion of the Involver Service and you do not have the right to index or aggregate any portion of the Involver Service (either by hand or by means of a robot, spider, or other device). Nothing in this Agreement will be construed as granting you any property rights in the Involver Service or to any invention or any patent, copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right that has been issued, or that may issue, based on the Involver Service.
- Involver does not endorse, support, represent or guarantee the completeness, truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any Content or communications posted via the Involver Service or endorse any opinions expressed via the Services. You understand that by using the Involver Service, you may be exposed to Content that might be offensive, harmful, inaccurate or otherwise inappropriate, or in some cases, postings that have been mislabeled or are otherwise deceptive. Under no circumstances will Involver be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Involver Service or broadcast elsewhere.
- Involver does not endorse, support, represent or guarantee any links to external websites. Other websites are provided as a convenience to you. You understand that Involver has not reviewed all of these other websites, and therefore has no responsibility for the content of such other websites and shall not be liable for any damages or injury arising from the content from these other websites. You understand that, except for information, products or services clearly identified as being supplied by the Involver Service, we do not operate, control or endorse any information, products or services on the Internet in any way. The Involver service does not endorse or make any representations about these other websites, or any information or other products or materials found on these other websites, or any results that may be obtained from using these other websites. If you decide to access any of these other websites linked to the Involver Service, you do so entirely at your own risk.
- Involver has the right, but not the obligation, to remove or block Content from the Involver Service that it determines in its sole discretion to be in violation of these Terms and Conditions, to be unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable, that violates any party’s intellectual property or that is detrimental to the quality or intended spirit of the Involver Service. Involver also has the right, but not the obligation, to limit or revoke the use privileges of the account of anyone who posts such Content or engages in such behavior.
- Involver will use common sense and business sense regarding Content or behavior allowed on or through the Involver Service. Unacceptable Content or behavior include:
- Abuse, harassment, threats, flaming or intimidation of any person or organization.
- Engaging in or contributing to any illegal activity or activity that violates others’ rights.
- Use of derogatory, discriminatory or excessively graphic language.
- Providing information that is false, misleading or inaccurate.
- Hacking or modifying the Involver Service or another Web site to falsely imply an association with Involver.
- Implying or pretending to be affiliated with a company or organization with which you are not affiliated, or misrepresenting the extent of your affiliation or role with an affiliated company or organization.
- Transmitting worms, viruses or harmful software.
- Sending unwanted messages to other users (aka “spam”).
- Disclosing personal or proprietary information of another person or organization.
- Involver cannot and need not control all Content posted by third parties on or through the Involver Service, and does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. You understand that by using the Involver Service you may be exposed to Content that you may find offensive, indecent, incorrect or objectionable and you agree that under no circumstances will Involver be liable in any way for any Content, including any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of your use of any Content. You understand that you must evaluate and bear all risks associated with the use of any Content, including any reliance on the content, integrity, and accuracy of such Content. If you would like to report objectionable materials, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Involver Service is hosted in the United States. If you use the Involver Service from outside of the United States, you acknowledge that you are voluntarily transmitting and transferring information (potentially including personally-identifiable information) and Content to the United States and agree that Involver’s receiving, use, storage and sharing of your information and Content is exclusively subject to the laws of the United States, not of the jurisdiction in which you are located.
- You will comply with all United States laws, rules and regulations applicable to the export of products, services, software and technical data regardless of the jurisdiction in which you are located.
- Copyright Infringement Notices. If you believe that any material available on or through the Involver Service violates your copyright, you may send Involver a copyright infringement notice. Section 512(c) of the Copyright Act requires that your notice must be in writing and must include substantially all of the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Involver to locate the material. Involver requests that complete URLs for each instance of the allegedly infringing material be provided.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Involver to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which you may be contacted.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the copyright infringement notice is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Your written copyright infringement notice must be sent to Involver’s designated copyright agent via mail. Please be aware that Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act provides that any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity is infringing may be subject to liability.
- Copyright Abuse Policy. Involver will terminate, in appropriate circumstances, account holders of Involver’s system or network who are repeat copyright infringers.
- The Copyright Agent should only be contacted if you believe that your work has been used or copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and such infringement is occurring on or through the Involver Service. The Copyright Agent will not respond to any other inquiries.
- Involver, in its sole discretion, may terminate your password and/or user account and remove and discard any Content within the Involver Service for any reason, including and without limitation lack of use, or if Involver believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of these Terms and Conditions. In such event, any contracts, verbal or written or assumed, in conjunction with your user account and all its parts, at Involver’s discretion, will be terminated as well.
- Involver, in its sole discretion and at any time, may discontinue providing the Involver Service, or any part thereof, with or without notice. Any termination of your access to the Involver Service under any provision of these Terms and Conditions may be effected without prior notice. Involver may immediately deactivate or delete your user account, as applicable, and all related information and Content and bar any further access to such information, Content or to the Involver Service. Involver will not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access to the Involver Service.
- After cancellation or termination of your account for any reason, you will no longer have access to your user account and all information and Content in your user account or that you have stored on the Involver Service may be, but is not required to be, deleted by Involver. Involver will have no liability for information or Content that is deleted due to the cancellation or termination of your user account for any reason.
- If you are a member of an organization, and that organization community is cancelled or terminated, Content posted to that organization will no longer be available to you. Such Content may be, but is not required to be, deleted by Involver. Involver will have no liability for information or Content that is deleted due to the cancellation or termination of an organization community.
If you are an agency of the United States Government, the Involver Service is a “Commercial Item,” as that term is defined at 48 C.F.R. Section 2.101, consisting of “Commercial Computer Software” and “Commercial Computer Software Documentation,” as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. Section 12.212 or 48 C.F.R. Section 227.7202, as applicable. Consistent with 48 C.F.R. Section 12.212 or 48 C.F.R. Section 227.7202-1 through 227.7202-4, as applicable, the Commercial Computer Software and Commercial Computer Software Documentation are being licensed to the United States Government (a) only as Commercial Items and (b) with only those rights as are granted to all other end users pursuant to the terms and conditions herein. All unpublished rights are reserved under the copyright laws of the United States. For purpose of any public disclosure provision under any law, it is agreed that the Involver Service are trade secrets and proprietary commercial products and not subject to disclosure.
These Terms and Conditions will remain in full force and effect while you use the Involver Service. Those terms that can continue to operate after you stop using the Involver Service (including without limitation your Content license to Involver and the General Terms in this Section), will survive after you stop using the Involver Service. You agree to indemnify and hold Involver, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers and employees, harmless, including costs and attorneys’ fees, from any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of (i) your actions in using the Involver Service, (ii) a claim that you, or any third party using your Account Credentials, infringed any intellectual property or other right of any person or organization using the Involver Service, or (iii) the violation of these Terms and Conditions by you, or any third party using your Account Credentials.
THE INVOLVER SERVICE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITH NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, STATUTORY OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THE INVOLVER SERVICE, OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED ON THE INVOLVER SERVICE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, INVOLVER AND ITS AFFILIATES DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, STATUTORY, OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. FURTHER, INVOLVER AND ITS AFFILIATES DO NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE INFORMATION, TEXT, GRAPHICS, LINKS OR OTHER INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE INVOLVER SERVICE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. INVOLVER DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE INVOLVER SERVICE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY TIME OR FROM ANY PARTICULAR LOCATION, WILL BE SECURE OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE INVOLVER SERVICE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER POTENTIALLY HARMFUL COMPONENTS. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED FROM INVOLVER OR THE INVOLVER SERVICE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
NEITHER INVOLVER NOR ITS AFFILIATES WILL BE LIABLE, UNDER ANY THEORY OF LAW, FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, AND/OR LOSS OF INFORMATION OR DATA. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
These Terms and Conditions (including any additional terms, conditions, policies and agreements incorporated herein) are the entire agreement between Involver and you regarding the Involver Service. Any dispute arising from or related to these Terms and Conditions will be governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to conflict of law principles. Any such dispute will be resolved through binding arbitration by a single arbitrator pursuant to the American Arbitration Association’s rules applicable to commercial disputes. The arbitration will be held in Ithaca, NY. The failure of Involver to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that these Terms and Conditions shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and be enforceable. We may revise these Terms from time to time, and the most current version will always be at http://Involver.me/terms-and-conditions. If the revision, in our sole discretion, is material we will notify you via an e-mail to the email associated with your user account. By continuing to access or use the Involver Service after those revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised Terms and Conditions.
Effective 6/24/2011. Last Updated 1/8/2015