WE VALUE YOUR PRIVACY
OUR SITE IS DEDICATED TO HELPING VOLUNTEERS AND NONPROFIT GROUPS INTERACT IN A FUN, EFFECTIVE AND SAFE ONLINE ENVIRONMENT. WE COLLECT VERY BASIC INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR SKILLS AND ABILITIES AND MAKE IT VIEWABLE TO LOCAL NONPROFIT GROUPS AND OTHER USERS THAT ARE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO HELP OUT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR LOCAL COMMUNITIES.
- When you register an account to become an Involver.me user (“User”), we collect your name, e-mail and a password.
- When you build your profile we collect optional additional information such as your skills, interests, friends, general location, and photo.
- When you volunteer time to various causes, we collect information like number of hours volunteered, what nonprofits and volunteer communities you belong to, and what volunteering events you are attending.
- When you post images from a Volunteer event, we provide those images to other users in the community and to the charity that hosted the event. Images are only displayed within the Involver site but can be shared by other individuals who attended the same event either within the site or socially via their individual social networks.
- Enable you to share your information and communicate with other Users.
- Administer your account with us and customize the service we provide to you and other Users.
- Send you service or promotional communications through push notifications, in-app notifications, email and notices on the Involver website.
- Connect you to opportunities by enabling nonprofits and other users to find you on Involver.
We do not sell, rent, or otherwise provide personally identifiable information to third parties without your consent except where it is necessary to carry out your instructions. We also provide you with the means to control whether or not your contact information is viewable to other Users through your profile.
- Review, enhance or edit your personal information through your personal profile page.
- Change your settings within the app to control visibility and accessibility.
- Tell us to close your Involver account via firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you register for an Event, you will attend the event.
Many of our users are schools, colleges, and universities (hereinafter “Schools”) that are subject to privacy requirements of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Involver is committed to assuring these organizations remain in compliance with FERPA by agreeing to not disclose any information posted on our site by Schools without the consent of the student. We limit the amount of information we receive from Schools to First Name, Last Name, and email address. Additionally, we record the affiliation with that School in Involver such that the user is a “member” of that volunteer community. None of this information can be seen by any other user outside of that School’s listed members, until the student logs-on the site and registers. At such time, the student’s basic information as noted above, will be available to all other Involver users. The student at any time can contact their School’s administrator and ask to have their privacy set to “Hidden” which will prevent that information from showing to all users on Involver. For more information about how Involver enables Schools to comply with the privacy restrictions of FERPA, please see our answers to frequently asked questions(FAQs)
- Personal information you provide will be secured in accordance with industry standards and technology. Since the Internet is not a 100% secure environment, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Involver. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, copied, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
- You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to your email communications at all times.
If you have questions or comments please send them to us here email@example.com
We are committed to making your time on Involver fun and socially interactive while respecting your privacy. We are excited to continue building on our growing base of active volunteers and nonprofit professionals, and we look forward to your feedback and suggestions leading us toward the best combination of open exchange and personal privacy.