We are a non-profit organisation that is dedicated to promoting a society that celebrates the region’s cultural diversity, and recognises the link between people, plate and planet.
We are committed to seeing the revival of the home kitchen and the table, as centres of health, culture, and community. It’s only in this way that we will see the invigoration and proliferation of regional, seasonal culinary traditions
- Slow Food Dubai is a Convivium of Slow Food International.
- A Convivium provides a vehicle for implementing the Slow Food mission on a local level.
- Slow Food Dubai Convivium seeks, promotes and protects good, clean, healthy and fair food, defined as food that is delicious, natural and part of our cultural heritage.
- Slow Food Dubai aims to organise and/or promote affordable and accessible events.
- All of the above will be done in collaboration with Government Departments, NGOs or any other party/body/ organisation, that is currently running projects that we could work with and/or collaborate with or promote.
We organise activities and initiatives that may include the organisation of Convivial meetings for members, talks, theme events, tasting sessions, cooking and tasting courses, trips and visits of food interest, exhibitions, fairs and other events; social, educational or cultural, and in accordance with the philosophy of Slow Food International.
Be sure to follow us on the Involver app to be alerted about our events!Volunteer Now